Director of Product Management – Mountain View, CA
Join our fast-growing team to enable the future of single cell biology! We are seeking an experienced marketing professional with strong track record in biotech instruments marketing to lead our product management and marketing efforts. You will drive the go-to-market strategy, market development, product marketing and commercialization of our single cell platforms. This position is based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Candidates who wish to work remotely from other locations will not be considered.
- Work with the business leadership team and direct the product line PMs to set the strategic direction of the products
- Plan and execute New Product Introductions (NPI) including business models, forecasting and all launch and communication (internal and external) activities.
- Evaluate new market opportunities for product portfolio.
- Analyze competitive landscape across target markets.
- Provide deep customer knowledge for target markets globally.
- Develop strategy for addressing all market segments, including region-specific strategies.
- Develop portfolio strategy to achieve short-term and long-term business goals
- Collaborate with technical team to create a product roadmap.
- Develop strategic business partnerships internally and externally.
- Identify opportunities to expand existing market and develop new market.
- Analyze market trends and needs through interactions with customers and KOLs.
- Manage a team of Product Managers and Specialists and collaborate with other functions.
- BS in a Biological Science required, advanced degree preferred, and experience with Cell Biology instrumentation a strong plus.
- Business acumen, MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the biotech industry and 7 years of Product Management or Product Marketing experience.
- Cell Biology laboratory or technical experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic, functional knowledge about the product(s) and their uses, competitor(s) and their product(s), and the marketplace, as well as the ability to gain in-depth knowledge.
- Aptitude in product/customer/sales/ financial analysis which will lead to defining successful strategies and developing outstanding products.
- Ability to work independently in order to make the necessary decisions to drive the business forward.
- Ability to collaborate across business functions to ensure optimal product offering.
- Ability to prioritize activities/ requests for the best business outcome.
- Ability to translate customer requests into addressable customer needs for a product/solution.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, allowing the ability to communicate professionally across all layers of the organization as well as customer’s and prospect’s organizations.
Namocell is an equal opportunity employer. We offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative environment with competitive compensation and high growth potential. Please submit resume to: Recruiting@namocell.com.