Director of Systems Engineering
We are seeking a candidate to lead the development of new products. Finds solutions to complex product development problems. Develops system level design documentation and requirements specification, working with marketing, engineering and other stakeholders. Provides specialized functions such as algorithm development, user interface development, or data analysis methodology. Ensures adequate system level performance for instrumented diagnostic systems through close collaboration with assay development, hardware design, software, and other functional groups. We are seeking a candidate who has a broad knowledge base that includes life sciences and instrumentation and apply this knowledge to address issues from technology development to concept development to product commercialization and launch.
- Lead the design and development of various sub-systems, including optics, electronics, mechanics, and fluidics.
- Design and conduct system level characterization/verification of complex systems.
- Collect, organize, analyze, and document test results.
- Integrate analytical and performance related elements with software, hardware, and electronics system components.
- Communicate effectively and participate on cross functional development teams with good negotiating skills to direct multi-disciplinary teams toward solutions.
- Work with external vendors at various stages of product development.
- Lead sustaining engineering efforts following the product launch.
Desired Skills and Background
- BS in Engineering or Biomedical Engineering. MS degree preferred. Minimum 7 year’s product development experience.
- Experience with automation, data acquisition, and statistical methods.
- Experience in the development of flow cytometer preferred.
- Experience with project management methodologies and tools.
- Highly motivated and flexible, goal-driven, and capable of dealing with changing program priorities and accelerated timelines
- Quick learner in grasping new concepts and theories
Namocell is an equal opportunity employer. Please submit your resume to: Recruiting@namocell.com